Army the day to day workings of a Unit are controlled by a set of
instructions called 'Routine Orders' or RO's. Every soldier is made aware
of them and they form the basis of a controlled and orderly lifestyle that
every one can understand and obey and profit from. These are definitely
NOT orders but perhaps you may gain some small profit from the
It is not my job or desire to tell you how to run your
world, your life or your computer; BUT....to get the best out of this site here
is what I suggest.
- First, hit your F11 button. You will go to 'FULL
screen' effect and be able to see more. Hit it again and you return to
'normal screen'. If it does no good it can do no harm. It works with most browsers.
- This site was written to appear best in Internet
Explorer Version 6. Anything from Version 3 onwards should be OK. Netscape Navigator
and Opera will do OK but some of the effects may be missing and some
annoying little traits may appear.
- If you are using ANY browser under Version 5 you
really owe it to yourself to UPGRADE. It's free. When you upgrade to Version
6 of Internet Explorer you automatically get Version 6 of Outlook Express.
Both are improvements on earlier versions.
- I suggest 800 x 600 High Colour as the best option
for viewing this site (and others). You can swap from one to the other of the
options with a couple of clicks. No change needs to be permanent.
- Most of the photos on this site have been set
as 'thumbnails' and the full versions are all super
compressed jpeg files to speed loading
with minimal loss of clarity.
If it's slow it MIGHT be the photo but then again it might be that the web
is busy or your modem may be under the 28.8 rating recommended as minimum. Be patient,
all will arrive. But also be aware that this site is deliberately crammed
- This site was written using Microsoft FrontPage
2000, Photostudio 2000, Word and LuraWave Smart Compress
- Last, but not least, thank the Good Lord you aren't
in this picture...
Imagine what living this way
was like; and then imagine what happened when it rained.
COMPLAIN or CORRECT ERRORS
|I welcome comment and
contributions of suggestions, photos, maps and any other item that is
relevant. Here are a few guidelines on how we can all help improve the
store of easily accessible information . . .
- If you believe I am in error about
a particular item please tell me. I really do welcome constructive criticism
and I want the site to be historically correct.
- If you want to make foul mouthed or
abusive comment please go down to the zoo and talk to the baboons
- If you don't like the layout or the
colour scheme or the type size can I offer the advice that was commonly
given in my Battalion, 1RAR. It was 'Go and see the Padre, that is
NOT a medical problem'
- If you believe that I have
misrepresented some unit or Service or service person, either, back
your claim with some sort of supporting argument or I am likely to
say 'How sad, too bad, never mind, move on'
- If you think you have Copyright
problems with my site go to the Legal page.
- If you believe I have left
something out, say so and I will include it (probably)
- If you want to sell me something,
GO AWAY, I HAVE NO MONEY , NO CREDIT, NO INTEREST AND NO DESIRE TO
- PHOTOS. I love to get photos from
contributors and I will use them if possible.
- It is best if you can scan them
and email them to me.
- Please consult me first for
helpful hints on how we can work together to get the best
- If you cannot send
electronically post COPIES of your precious stuff
- If you send anything that you
want back enclose a self addressed, stamped envelope and write
your name on the back of the photos
- MAPS. Treat the same as photos
- DOCUMENTS. Treat as photos.
- TEXT. Please do not send anything
that is going to get me into Copyright trouble. If you have
something that is still subject to Copyright, let me know so that I
can organize approval to use or assess my own risk.
- If you want me to link your site, put a link to
mine on yours and then advise me. I will reciprocate.
- With anything you send for me to
use let me know whether you want to be acknowledged as the contributor