Kampfwagen A7V After
British tanks went into action on 15th September, 1916, the German Army
immediately demanded their own landships.
The German High Command
appointed a committee composed of experts from leading engineering
companies. Josef Vollmer was eventually
chosen to design the German tank that became known as the Schwerer
Kampfwagen A7V. Powered by two Daimler engines, the tank was first
demonstrated in the Spring Offensive of 1917.
In addition to six
water-cooled machine-guns, it had a 5.7-cm Sokol gun at the front of the
<<< Hat badge of the German Panzer Units.